Saturday 16 February 2013

私は はらドーナツ が 大好き! (I love Hara Donuts!)


In my One Photo a Day series, you might see a lot of food. Japan has a massive food culture, and I love it. I'm a big fan of sweets... and I think Japan does sweets extremely well.
Hara Donuts. I have to say it's my absolutely number one favourite sweets shop in Japan. So it's easy to  recommend my favourite sweets shop to the world.
Hara Donuts in Motomachi, Kobe
神戸市で元町 はらドーナッツ
Hara Donuts in Jiyugaoka, Tokyo
東京都で自由が丘 はらドーナッツ

Originally from Kobe, the donuts handmade daily by the staff, use simple and healthy ingredients - soymilk, wholewheat flour and 'okara', which is raw tofu pulp. Hara Donut's simple concept is to 'make food delicious that you can eat in peace', and you certainly can. With each donut containing 8 ingredients and all donuts being made fresh, your little sweet treat for the day can give you peace of mind. (^_^) The 'okara' that Hara Donuts uses, has been made from the same Kobe shop since 1968.
The donut itself is a lot heavier (well, in my opinion), that an 'average' donut or say, one you might get from other donut shops, and it isn't as sweet, as a jam donut. 

Donuts Menu !
ドーナッツ メニュー
Hara Donuts in Meguro
東京都で目黒 はらドーナッツ

I was lucky enough to live/work near Hara Donuts, in Meguro-ku, and not only are their donuts amazing, but the interior is beautiful too!
Hara Donuts has many flavours of donut, and has seasonal fruit and vegetable donuts as well. The original Hara Donut is probably the most popular (and great!) but my favourite is the Strawberry White Chocolate one, available during the Winter/Spring season.
Delicious, delicious donuts
ドーナッツ!おいしいー!

Recently, Hara Donuts has opened a lot of new stores in Japan, even one in Seoul, Korea! If you are in Japan and you see one, I highly suggest you check it out. Hara Donuts has some small stores (take out only) and a few of them are cafes, that serve coffee and lunch, as well as donuts. Hara Donuts also has a sister shop called 'Hara Roll', which sells roll cake. 
Please visit their website for locations and a good look at their menu.
(You can use Chrome or Google Translate if you don't understand Japanese...)
See you again, Hara Donuts :)
またね、はらドーナッツ!(^_^)

P.
xox




6 comments:

  1. The last photo kills me. 'Next time Gadget....'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of the donuts though is seriously making me drool, take me to all of the donut!!! Hahaha ahh I just love the first pic so much too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Good post Hoobs. And just quietly, more posts about food shall be totally welcomed....

    P.P.S. ..DONUTS!!

    ReplyDelete